RICH HISTORY. VIBRANT FUTURE.
Located in Detroit’s bustling New Center area, the new Hotel St. Regis experience starts from the moment you walk in the lobby on flowing terrazzo floors, surrounded by ebony stained wood. Our 5-story landmark offers 124 completely renovated luxury guest rooms and suites. And we’re centrally located to the best of what Detroit has to offer - Little Caesars Arena, Ford Field, Comerica Park, an internationally recognized foodie scene, and the second largest theater district in the U.S., rivaled only by New York City. Your adventure begins onsite, with our new Lobby Bar, crafting your favorite cocktails. And of course, a world-class dining experience at our signature restaurant, La Musique.
HAT TIP TO THE PAST
The Hotel St. Regis first opened its doors to the public in 1966 as an elegant, old world hotel to serve the needs of the most sophisticated travelers. Upon its grand opening, it was the most expensive and luxurious hotel built in the United States. It was also the first to offer color televisions in each room. Weil-Cohan is to thank for its French Regency architectural design, featuring red fleur de lis tiles similar to those used in ancient European sidewalks, 23k gold trimmed walnut paneling, crystal chandeliers, and antiques that were collected from around the world. At the time, the owners, Albert J. Goodman and Floyd Rice believed in reviving the elements of the past and combining the comforts of the present. Hat tip to Mr. Goodman and Mr. Rice as we keep that legacy alive.
MORE THAN THE MOTOR CITY
Cars, rock and roll, hip hop, food of every variety, places to chill, places to dance, places to contemplate. The past, present, and future. This is just the beginning.
- Little Caesars Arena - home of the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Pistons
- Comerica Park - home of the Detroit TIgers
- Ford Field - home of the Detroit Lions
- Greektown Casino
- MGM Grand Detroit Casino
- MotorCity Casino
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
- Detroit Historical Museum
- Detroit Institute of Art
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Ford Piquette Avenue Plant/Model T Automotive Heritage Complex
- Motown Museum
- Diamond Jack’s River Tours
- Feet on the Street Tours Events
- Infinity & Ovation Yacht Charters
- Show Me Detroit
Parks & Outdoor Markets
- Detroit International RiverWalk
- Campus Martius Park
- Belle Isle Park
- College of Creative Studies
- Grand Valley State University Detroit Center
- MSU Detroit Center
- University of Detroit Mercy
- University of Phoenix – Downtown Detroit
- Wayne State University
Zoo’s & Conservatories